Lots to discuss in episode 28 as our heroes mull over whether the Unabomber was right in his manifesto, although not condoning his methods obviously. Dan has man-flu and Caz is feeling like a klutz. They review a bunch of movie trailers, Boris Johnson’s recent antics, how many types of jam there are and much more. In another helping of unattested randomness for your listening pleasure.
Please contribute your own thoughts to the discussion by emailing email@example.com or using the simple form on the website, you know you want to 😉
Things we reference this time:
- Dan has man-flu, going for an early sympathy vote on this one.
- Our heroes discuss the opening episode of Mr Robot season 4. Caz has time travel theories about whiterose, I guess we’ll have to wait and see if she’s right on that one.
- Caz watched In The Shadow Of The Moon and loved it. It’s an original film on Netflix now.
- Caz has also been re-watching Manhunt: Unabomber and thinks he had a point in his manifesto. Ted Kaczynski published a paper called Industrial Society And It’s Future. Obviously this leads to a long discussion as we unpack that a bit.
- Caz has been listening to podcast called Our Fake History which she recommends. It prompted her to look into Machiavelli and she’s reading The Prince at the moment but “isn’t finding it that devious”. Stay tuned for more on that in a future episode possibly.
- Our heroes have been catching on trailers for upcoming films and Dan is quite looking forward to the Kingsmen prequel The King’s Man after seeing the trailer. He was disappointed by The Golden Circle but this looks like it might be better.
- Dan mentions there’s a new Sherlock Holmes series being filmed around Liverpool at the moment in locations like the Palm House in Sefton Park, but seems a little fussy on the details beyond that.
- Caz mentions the trailer for a new Netflix series called Dark Crimes which stars Jim Carrey.
- Caz mentions Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind as a great serious Jim Carrey performance.
- Caz mentions the upcoming Paul Rudd series Living With Yourself from Netflix. The trailer looks pretty good and it might be one to look out for.
- Caz is excited for the new Harley Quinn film after seeing the trailer and this leads Dan into discussion of the new James Gunn lead The Suicide Squad film with the epic casting news. There’s also pictures coming out of the set at the moment as it’s in production.
- Nathan Fillion is in the new film and his character is rumoured to be the extremely bizarre Arm Fall Off Boy. Not one we know much about but it definitely sounds different.
- There’s a new Charlie’s Angels reboot around the corner starring Kristen Stewart among others. Our heroes watched the trailer and weren’t impressed. Especially when they describe themselves as “international lady spies”.
- There’s a Gladiator sequel on the way, the film none of us asked for. Didn’t that story come to a pretty definite conclusion?
- Speaking of films nobody asked for… Dan watched El Camino, the Breaking Bad follow on film and wasn’t really sure what the point of it was by the end. It’s not bad but it doesn’t really add anything in his opinion.
- Caz tried to watch Up again and found it wasn’t making her happy, even by the end. Dan recommends she watch Hunt For The Wilderpeople which is a fantastic little film by Taika Waititi instead.
- Our heroes watched the trailer for the Maleficent: Mistress Of Evil and it made Caz extremely mad.
- Dan talks about the news of a new John Wick spin off which is pitching itself as “female centric”, it’s called Ballerina and focuses on a female assassin in the John Wick universe. Keanu Reeves will produce the movie apparently.
- Our heroes discuss the upcoming sequel to the Shining which is called Doctor Sleep.
- On a related note, Caz mentions In The Tall Grass which is by Stephen King and his son.
- Our heroes discuss their mutual love of Kevin Smith’s films and the upcoming Jay & Silent Bob: Reboot movie. Caz is convinced Jay Mewes has had a nose job but Dan isn’t so sure. See what you think.
- Caz and Dan discuss the recent scandal involving Boris Johnson and his “technology lessons” with former pole dancer turned tech entrepreneur Jennifer Arcuri.
Right that’s your lot, so as we say in Liverpool… do one will ya! But before you do please remember to send us your thoughts, feelings, complaints, confessions or anything else to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the anonymous form on the website.Now get out of our shop! ….and please come again 😉