Episode 14 is here and we’re into our awkward teenage years, we’re falling into Nazi binges while discussing The Matrix 20th birthday, Batman suing a Spanish football club, some listener feedback, a drunken confession, the Queen’s secret super powers (laser eyes we think) and how you never see Captain Birdseye about in the post-Operation Yew Tree world, we’re just saying… Please contribute your own thoughts to the discussion by emailing email@example.com or using the very simple form on the website, you know you want to 😉
Things we reference this time:
- We had an email from J. (very mysterious) who told us more about bats in Texas which was great, thanks! Send us more facts 🙂
- Caz has been watching Man In The High Castle and listening to the audio book. It put her onto “another Nazi binge” and she’d like your recommendations.
- Caz watched Hitler’s Circle Of Evil on Netflix.
- Dan mentions the film Downfall.
- Our heroes both watched Love, Death and Robots from Netflix.
- Dan compares it to The Animatrix from many years ago.
- This leads us to the fact that The Matrix is now 20 years old, damn that’s scary. We speculate about how the architect was really just Captain Birdseye.
- Dan found more Bat News, “dunna dunna dunna dunna Bat News!!”. DC comics has threatened legal action against the Spanish football Valencia CF over their use of a bat as their symbol.
- We had an anonymous email, the form works people! You can send us stuff. The message concerned the idea of patriotism and shared a great drunken story about.
- We discuss the Royal Family and how the Queen owns all the swans. We also speculate about what powers she has and whether she can fire lasers from her eyes or telepathically command a swan army.
- Dan mentions that Frankie Boyle’s New World Order has just started again, UK viewers can get it on the iPlayer, others can just pirate it like a normal person.
- Our heroes get into a spelling and grammar disagreement over the word “braces” and not “bracers” but honestly who cares 😀
- Dan has been to cinema a lot lately. He went to see Green Book, which got him back into Jazz because it’s about the pianist Don Shirley.
- Caz read 12 Rules For Life by Jordan Peterson, she’s still unsure what she thinks of him.
- Dan watches the new Jordan Peele film Us and highly recommends it. Great original thriller / horror film which isn’t normally Dan’s thing. So if even he can handle it you’ll be fine.
- Dan also saw Captain Marvel and enjoyed it but wasn’t blown away. Maybe expectations were to high or maybe he needs to watch it again and take it in properly.
- Caz tells us about the controversy over Captain Marvel wearing a knock off NineInchNails t-shirt which caused artist Rob Sheridan to call them our on Twitter. It did result in them doing an official crossover shirt though and it looks really cool!!
- Dan is so good at the email, twitter, website propaganda he may be known as Pod Goebbels… errr actually maybe not, the focus group didn’t like it.
Right that’s your lot, so as we say in Liverpool… do one will ya! But before you do please remember to send us your thoughts, feelings, complaints, confessions or anything else to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the anonymous form on the website.
Now get out of our shop! ….and please come again 😉