Sweet little 16! This time we talk about the release of Avengers: Endgame at the cinema. WARNING: ahead be spoilers! That’s not the whole show though. We also managed to debate who is the sexiest Avenger, backed up by stats, we had an email from our Australian office, we look at a terrible wax work in Dublin and much more randomness. Enjoy! Please contribute your own thoughts to the discussion by emailing email@example.com or using the simple form on the website, you know you want to 😉
Things we reference this time:
- Dan went to see the new Hellboy… he wasn’t impressed and neither was anyone else looking at the ratings. Wait for it to come out on TV, and then change the channel. Such a shame.
- Dan also went to see SHAZAM! which is a fantastic and fun little movie. A comedy with heart. More of a body swap caper than Superhero epic but it still packs a punch.
- Dan gives a potted history of the character Shazam who was originally called Captain Marvel. His information is mostly correct apart from the fact that this Captain Marvel wasn’t created by DC but another publisher called Fawcett comics back in 1939. DC later absorbed them. The name was changed to Shazam later to avoid confusion after the rise of Marvel comics.
- On a loosely related subject Caz saw Captain Marvel (The Marvel one) and like Dan was left a bit nonplussed. We didn’t dislike it but it didn’t grab us and it’s definitely not one of our favourite Marvel films, let’s put it that way.
- We then move right into our BIG spoilerific discussion of Avengers: Endgame. Obviously this contains plot spoilers so PLEASE SKIP FORWARD 30MINS TO AVOID ENDGAME SPOILERS.
- Caz mentions there is a stand alone Black Widow film in development.
- Our heroes discuss their positive and negative points of the film! I’m not listing them here
- Next our heroes discuss the science of the film and Caz brings her physicist brain (plus some graph paper) to the subject of time travel. Is it many worlds interpretation? Etc etc.
- Overall Avengers: Endgame gets 2 thumbs up from this podcast. An epic end to a 10 year saga. What will we do now? I expect something else will be along soon.
- On a related note Dan saw a tweet from Pornhub Aria, who is not a pornstar but in fact a statistician and blogger. She shared some stats on the most popular superhero searches of the website. It makes pretty interesting reading. Some surprising results for which Avengers people want to sleep with.
- The first graph, overall Pornhub searches for Avengers have shot up recently…
- Secondly, here’s the list of characters in order of search popularity…
- Caz has been watching a show called Bonding (she mistakenly calls it “bondage” but we’ll let her off) on Netflix which is a comedy about bondage and BDSM type stuff. It obvious to see the effect the sexy Avengers subject has had on our heroes minds.
- We had an email on the subject of decent male characters in current TV from Barry, who is now officially “Our Man Down Under”. He suggests Holden from The Expanse as a good example, also Shadow Moon from American Gods.
- Dan suggests Jake Peralta from Brooklyn Nine Nine as a good guy and also Terry too. Let us not forget “Terry loves yogurt!”. He also suggests Ray Palmer (The Atom) and Citizen Steel (Nate) from Legends Of Tomorrow.
- Caz suggests Bill & Ted although both of our heroes were disturbed by how old they look in the latest announcement video. Well it’s been 30 years I guess.
- Send us your suggestions of good male role models on TV series please! Dan would appreciate it if nothing else to delay the imminent killing spree Caz is about to go on. He’s in the firing line 😀
- A new waxwork of Daenerys Targaryen is causing controversy at the Dublin Wax Museum which Dan recommends as one of the funniest places he’s ever been.
View this post on Instagram
Introducing 🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁 @emilia_clarke character from @gameofthrones #DaenerysTargaryen #Khaleesi #HouseOfTargaryen #GOT #LadyOfDragonstone 🏰👸🏼🏰 🐉🐲🐉🐲🐉 Make sure you come and see it now! #gameofthrones #waxmuseum #dublin #thingstodo #templebardublin #templebar #got7 #gotg #gameofthrones8 #gameofthronesedits #gameofthronesquotes #gameofthronesfacts #gameofthronesfamily #gameofthronescast #emiliaclarke #emiliaclarke❤️ #emiliaclarkefans #emiliaclarkeedit #emiliaclarkefan
Right that’s your lot, so as we say in Liverpool… do one will ya! But before you do please remember to send us your thoughts, feelings, complaints, confessions or anything else to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the anonymous form on the website.
Now get out of our shop! ….and please come again 😉