It’s that time again (checks watch) yeah it’s been about 2 weeks so we are back. Much like the “Guerillas Of Soul” (AKA The Commitments) we strike unannounced and then fade back into the night. On this show we discuss: The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina, 3 chickens who escaped and walked into a bar (put you own punchline in there), Mr Robot, whether we would destroy the global financial system given a chance, Ray Donovan, crappy half arsed “immersive” film screenings and a whole lot more. Enjoy it!
Things we reference:
- Both of heroes watched and very much loved The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina in it’s entirety. It is NOT a kids show, watch it.
- John Constantine IS a Scouser, he was created by Alan Moore during Saga Of The Swamp Thing and his look was modelled on Sting believe it or not. Sadly though Dan was wrong, actor Matt Ryan is from Swansea, that might explain the wonky accent at times.
- Dan tips his hat in the direction of Greg Berlanti and the Berlanti-verse as nobody is calling it. He is the man behind Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends Of Tomorrow, Riverdale and now Sabrina too. He’s a busy guy.
- Caz is finally watching Mr Robot and enjoying it very much so far, it’s a really good show but Dan cautions us that it goes downhill a bit after season 1. Still good but doesn’t maintain that high level quite so much.
- Dan is watching Ray Donovan which has just started up again with season 6. Such a brilliant show, we encourage you to try it!
- Fab writes a rant to tell us why he doesn’t like Marvel films, we agree that they are a bit overly long but then disagree with almost everything else he says lol.
- Both our heroes went to a pretty disastrous screening of Moulin Rouge recently. The only thing immersive about it was the fucking price of the ticket! Get a rubber shark or get off our lawn! We don’t bargain pumpkin fucker!
- Dan has been learning some new songs and is currently addicted to The Gambler by Kenny Rogers for lest we forget people “you gotta know when to hold em… know when to fold em…” and so on and so forth.
- Our heroes have made a pact to watch The Expanse because people keep recommending it.
- Dan also bought a copy of the new book Saving Primate Geoffrey by Michael Boyton (Not Bolton thank god) which is set in the wonderful universe of Professor Elemental.
Right that’s your lot, so as we say in Liverpool… just do one will ya! But before you do please remember to send us your thoughts, feelings, complaints, confessions or anything else to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the anonymous form on the website.
Now get out of our shop! ….and please come again 😉